Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A positive beginning, a frustrating ending

I crawled out of my hermit shell the other day and set up a play date on one of the mom groups I'm a part of.  I had it all planned out, we would go to the park next to the library that way if it rained or was too hot we could just go into the library! It was perfect.  I posted about my little idea, and got "Yes! see you there!", "can't wait!", and other phrases that usually mean "Yes, I will be at said place at said time."
I was excited. Then I was nervous, I've never been good at meeting new people or making small talk, but I was determined.  I was going to meet some new people and Kian was going to have some babies to play with.
On Monday morning I WOKE KIAN UP FROM A NAP and drove to the park.  We were a few minutes early so I set out our blanket, and checked to see if anyone had commented on my post saying how they could identify us, no one had but that didn't mean anything...right? Kian and I played on the swings, watched big kids play four square, tried to eat wood chips, and eyed up every mom & child (all big kids)  that came into the park.
Forty-five minutes later I realized that no one was going to come and even if someone did happen to show up at this point my child who had been woken up from his nap was getting grumpy and didn't have sunscreen and I was over it.

When we got home, still having a little bit of hope, I checked the message board to see if someone had commented something along the lines of, "sorry we didn't make it!" But no.  Nothing.  Nada. Zilch.  And I'm still mad that I woke Kian up from a nap just to be stood up.

But don't worry, Kian had fun and I haven't retreated into my hermit shell yet, however I have decided I will not try to organize any meet ups. If someone else organizes it, at least it will be me and someone else.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that no one showed but even more that they did not comment or anything. If we were in the same area we would've met up with you! I've been in a hermit shell since I had my youngest and need to venture out. But you can def tell he had fun just by the first picture and that big smile. That's all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm so sad no one went. That's so rude no one commented or anything saying they couldn't make it. At least he still had fun!

    ReplyDelete