Wednesday, November 13, 2013

christmas movies | 01

Did you know Christmas is coming? Did you know that Hallmark is going to show 12 ORIGINAL Christmas movies this holiday season?!?! If you didn't you are missing out because these movies are AMAZING.

Lets do a little backstory: So basically, Hallmark and Lifetime started showing Christmas movies at the beginning of October and I started watching them.  At first, it wasn't so bad because I watched one every other week, but now Hallmark and Lifetime have really picked up the pace and are not only showing 3+ different movies every night but are showing new movies every weekend. It's pure Christmas Joy.  Just look at our DVR:




Well on Saturday Brenden and I decided to do a "Bad Movie Saturday" and the night before I had just happened to record a Christmas movie.  Well, since Saturday we have watched one of these Christmas movies every night and I feel like we should really share with you the awesomeness of these Christmas movies.


Without further ado, here are two of the movies we have watched so far ( I can't remember the names of the others):




Snow Bride; oh Snow Bride.  A classic story of girl tricks boy into loving her by pretending to be someone else, boy loves her anyways.  Classic! The title of this movie comes from the first ten minutes when she (SPOILER ALERT) crashes her car into a snow bank, puts on her friends wedding dress and falls down a muddy hill thus ruining the dress.  Of course, she just happens to end up in the yard of the person she is looking for and proceeds to lie about everything including that she is a runaway bride.  But she's not, okay? She's a liar.


The cast is all unknowns save Tim the Toolman Taylor's wife, who is known to me from "Home Improvement".  Has she done anything else? Does it even compare to her role in Snowbride where she (SPOLIER ALERT) buys a gossip magazine just days after meeting a writer from said magazine just to make sure there is no negative press about her family???? I highly doubt it.


I don't think I even need to say anymore to imply how wonderful this movie is.  It just fills you with Christmas spirit.




A Very Merry Mix-Up, another classic! I don't even know what to say because I just don't think that I can capture the essence of this movie with words.  I really feel that you need to witness A Very Merry Mix-Up for yourself.  


Here is the Hallmark synopsis: 

"Shop owner Alice Chapman is nervous to meet her future in-laws at Christmas, especially because she is arriving ahead of her new fiancĂ©, Will Mitchum. Alice's trip becomes more stressful when her luggage is lost and her phone is damaged, leaving her no way to find Will's family! As fate would have it, she meets her future brother-in-law, Matt Mitchum, at baggage claim and is happy to get a ride home with him. As Alice meets Matt's doting family, mom Penny, dad Joe and Grandpa Charles, she falls in love with their festive holiday traditions and warm welcome to their home. And when unexpected romance comes calling as Christmas approaches, Alice must decide if her “Merry Mix-Up” will actually turn out to be her destiny."

Oh it's A Very Merry Mix-Up indeed....


***Disclaimer:  I happen to love my wife, so I'm willing to take part in some of this.  Though seeing Holiday ads & the like prior to Thanksgiving personally annoys me, she loves the Holiday Season & for whatever reason, she loves terrible films & TV.  Soooooo, now I'm watching truly terrible holiday films during the beginning of November in a tropical climate.  


As it turns out, I have a history of watching bad films.  Prior to moving to Hawaii, I would watch the worst film released in theatres every Thursday Night/Friday Morning with a couple of good friends.  I was running projection at a theatre at night back then & took great pleasure kicking back with the two Jeremys to watch the film with the worst rating on Rotten Tomato.  Picture, "Mystery Science Theater 3000" with three bearded dudes.  Most people wouldn't have the stomach to watch a film with us.


These Hallmark Films, & anything that appears on the Lifetime Movie Network, rival the worst of the worst of any theatrical release I've ever seen.  The fun of it is shouting at the screen, calling out the plot points & calling everything that happens a "Christmas Miracle!"***


1 comment:

  1. heeheehee! I remember watching Mystery Science Theater with my Dad. Watching just about any made-for-tv movie in our family is like that now!

    ReplyDelete