Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kauai: Part two

The couple behind me refused to move so that anyone else could take pictures.  We took a picture anyways.
I totally dropped my shoes in the water.

Most beautiful hike we have done in Hawaii, hands down.  We hiked 2 miles (4 miles round trip) of the Kalalau trail, which is an 11 mile trail (22 if you do out and back.) We only hiked the first section which leads to a "secret beach." I wish that we had been able to swim at the beach if only just to wash off some of the sweat.  The current and break is was really strong there.

Seriously though, this is the most beautiful hike and I highly recommend that everyone who visits Kauai at least does the first two miles.  Though I will say this is not a hike for little kids ( the only child, he was like 4, we saw make it past a mile was covered in mud) and depending on your level of hiking those first two miles can be rough. When we started the hike we were with at least 6 other groups.  We only saw one of those groups make it to the beach. It was a lot of up hill; there was a lot of rocks and everything was wet.  Plus there were a few points where it was like you entered a different climate and the humidity hit you like a wall.

If we ever have a chance, I want to go in the summer, hike the whole trail and camp along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment