Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Weekend in Arkansas


We took a quick trip to Arkansas this weekend. I shouldn't really say quick, it's a six hour drive and we left on Friday after I got home from work at 6:30.  We didn't get in until 1am where our very early rising nephews woke us up around 6 with songs of "where is my daddy?" and "where is my mommy?" to the tune of where is thimble. 

Even though we didn't get much sleep we still had a wonderful Saturday, visited the park, played games, shot bb guns, and we sang. We sang a lot. My favorite was Kellans version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  It goes, "wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder." I think he has a future in song writing. 

Izzy came with us to Arkansas and he only meowed for about an hour of the 12 hour drive. We weren't sure how he would do around the boys. Last time he met them was only for two hours and he spent the entire time running away.  By the end of this trip Izzy would just stand there while the boys would come up and give him pets and hugs. So proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment